The exam is approaching. I am yet to complete my syllabus. I have not even started the test series. Even institutes have canceled the classes due to advisories issued by the government. Should I withdraw my application for civil services? Oh God, please help me cope up with this challenge.
Such thoughts must be frequenting in the minds of many IAS aspirants who are unable to attend coaching classes. If you are reading this article after 18th March 2020, then you have got only one option left. You have to convert this challenge into an opportunity.
You can’t exercise the option of withdrawing your application. Better to focus your energy on constructive work. The following are a few suggestions that can be followed during the Corona phase.
• Multiple revisions of the subjects that have been covered in the coaching. Make a note of your doubts which can be asked once classes resume.
• Do not forget to study current affairs. Never miss a newspaper like “The Hindu” even for a single day. You can follow current affairs from our website www.alchemyias.com
• Try solving as many mock tests as possible. Find your strong/weak areas. Develop the habit of guessing the right answer with limited knowledge. This will happen over time only if you practice, practice and practice.
• Try to form a virtual study group of 3 to 5 persons on WhatsApp or telegram. Decide your daily goals at the beginning of the day and review the same in the evening. Discuss the difficulties faced while solving a question or understanding a current affair topic. Peer pressure does help.
• Most importantly, get your queries resolved at the earliest whenever classes resume.
On 31st May 2020, when you step out of the examination hall, you should be proud of yourself for making the best use of the Corona phase for your preparation.